Monday, May 17, 2010

Lotus Connections 2.5 issue

Shortly after setting up Lotus Connections 2.5 I needed to change session time out different from the default 30 minutes. As I started changing the timeouts on each enterprise application I noticed that the news application stopped working. I restarted the server and I then started getting the following errors while trying to access the home page:


Oops, that didn't work

Something went wrong - click the back button and try again. If this doesn't work report the problem to the support forum. CLFRQ0355E: It is not possible to retrieve the tab instance ID. An error occurred while getting the internal ID of the authenticated user from the session.$$

Then I would receive the following error when access the wikis:

EJPVJ9104E: Unable to initialize application platform.

Which google returned only 2 websites with this error. The first one states:
EJPVJ9104E: Unable to initialize application platform.
Explanation: An error occurred while initializing the platform that this application was built on. No services will be available.
User Response: Examine the nested exception and determine the appropriate action. Often configuration is missing or incorrect, or the install was not properly completed.

and the second one relating to a pilot install. After looking at the systemout.log I found:

************ Start Display Current Environment ************
WebSphere Platform 6.1 [ND cf290949.16] running with process name XXXXXXXNode01Cell\XXXXXXNode01\server1 and process id 4940
Detailed IFix information: Please use the versionInfo command to view this information
Host Operating System is Windows Server 2003, version 5.2 build 3790 Service Pack 2
Java version = 1.5.0, Java Compiler = j9jit23, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM
was.install.root = E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
user.install.root = E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01
Java Home = E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre
ws.ext.dirs = E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/lib;E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01/classes;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/classes;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/installedChannels;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/web/help;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/plugins/
Classpath = E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01/properties;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/startup.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/bootstrap.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/j2ee.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/lmproxy.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/urlprotocols.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batchboot.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batch2.jar;E:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/lib/tools.jar
Java Library path = E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\bin;.;E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin;E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\bin;E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;E:\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN;E:\IBM\SQLLIB\FUNCTION;E:\IBM\SQLLIB\SAMPLES\REPL;E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\WMQ\java\lib
************* End Display Current Environment *************
[5/7/10 15:30:59:164 CDT] 00000037 SQLErrorCodes W getErrorCodes Error while extracting database product name - falling back to empty error codes Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: [jcc][t4][2012][11248][3.50.152] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Password expired. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000DSRA0010E: SQL State = 28000, Error Code = -4,214

I've truncated this error for display purposes. After Google searching for

Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Password expired. ERRORCODE=-4214

I found this website that explained the issue was the lcuser account. Sure enough the account was set to change password at next logon. I reset the password to the original password, cleared that check mark and marked "user cannot change password" and "Password never expires".

I then restated the server and the news enterprise application started and the everything worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment