Monday, October 10, 2011

Smart upgrade AllClient issue

I've been having an issue with smart upgrades with my secondary desktop. When I manually force the client to check for smart upgrade kits, it always came back saying:


There are no updates available for your notes client release 8.5.2FP1. There were no matching kits found in the smart upgrade database smartupgradedb.nsf on server1/org

I checked the InstallType and it was 2, checked the upgrade kit and it was set to Allclient. I get the notification on my main pc so I know it's not a rights issue. I checked the smartupgrade.log on my client:




TM=SUGetSmartUpgradeKitsInfo: SUSearchDownloadDBForKits: 'CN=server1/O=org!!smartupgradedb.nsf' '$activekits' error: There were no matching kits found in the Smart Upgrade database %s on %a.
..

TM=Error accessing Smart Upgrade database server1/org smartupgradedb.nsf

TM=SUSmartUpgrade: SUGetSmartUpgradeKitsInfo: error: There were no matching kits found in the Smart Upgrade database %s on %a.



...


IN=ErrorMessage IV=There are no updates available for your Notes client Release 8.5.2FP1. There were no matching kits found in the Smart Upgrade database smartupgradedb.nsf on server1/org.
...




Nothing really apparent in there. Then I opened my smart upgrade tracking database on my home server. Looked at my secondary pc failed attempts and found type:

Type: All Client (Notes Client, Admin Client, Designer) Basic Configuration

where my main desktop has a type of:

Type: All Client (Notes Client, Admin Client, Designer)


Ah ha! So for some reason my Lotus Notes AllClient is registering as a basic configuration install! This might be something residual from when I loaded the full AllClient basic configuration on 8.0.2 but that was years ago. So I installed 8.0.2 Allclient basic on a test machine, saved the notes.ini, uninstalled, installed 8.0.2 Allclient Standard and saved the notes.ini. Using ultraedit, I compared the two files and the only significant difference between the two notes.ini's was a parameter called "InstallMode". After some Google searching around I found the ini parameter but no description. The Allclient standard install set InstallMode=1. The Allclient basic set InstallMode=0.

On my secondary desktop I could not find the InstallMode parameter in my notes.ini. So I added InstallMode=1. Once I added InstallMode=1, smartupgrade found the upgrade kit with no issues.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a watch for my boyfriend at this online store. The watch runs on time, the quality is very good, the style of the watch is very like, it is worth buying.
    buy uk fake watches

    ReplyDelete